ABOUT THE 5TH AFRICAN PRIVATE SECTOR FORUM
The 5th African Private Sector Forumis spearheaded by the African Union Commission is in line with the AU Executive Council Abuja Decision Number EX/CL/Dec.183 (VI), which institutionalized the African Union Private Sector Forum.
The strategic objective of this intervention is to promote a proactive and vibrant African private sector that can play the significant role in energizing the African economies to achieve poverty reduction through creative and productive processes that accelerate economic growth, sustainable development and deeper integration of the African economies into the global economy.
The Forum is the largest Continental Forum for Africa’s Private Sector to bring together an important number leading international companies and business representatives with policy makers to discuss new investment and business opportunities in the Africa.
It is the right platform to discuss and present successful projects and
business models. In line with the above the AUC is organizing the
5th AFRICAN PRIVATE SECTOR FORUM from 5th
to 8th November 2012 in Abidjan (COTE D’IVOIRE) under the Theme “The
Role of Private Sector in promoting agro industry in Africa”
THE FORUM OBJECTIVES
- Accelerate Investment in agriculture and Agro Industry in Africa
- Structure effective Private-Public Partnershipsto develop and promote Africa's Agro Industry
- Enhance trade facilitation for market access for Agriculture
- Presenting new technologies to enhance Agricultural Production and Productivity and reduce post-harvest losses
- Foster infrastructure development for agriculture and agro industry in Africa
- Encouraging Inclusive Business Model in agriculture
- Explore new initiatives to promote Africa's Agro Industrydevelopment
THE FORUM FEATURES
Over 400 experts and decision makers including private entities, financiers, donors, multinationals, researchers, governments, int’l organisations, NGOs and consultants from around the world.
This forum/outreach will take the form of Four (04) days event to deepen general awareness and enable:
- Specific B2B pre-scheduled meetings in 48 hours organized through match- making software, according to participant’s wishes with the assistance of interpreters as needed;
- Matchmaking sessions: connecting Arab investors with potential African partners;
- A village of partners representing a first hand promotional showcase for all institutional partners and major sponsors;
- A village of “experts” for professionals in finance, consulting firms and business services providers, etc…;
- A village dedicated to national and international institutions to promote Public Projects;
- A village dedicated to National Investment Promotion Agencies to promote Doing Business in their respective countries and accompany their members;
- A side trade fair to showcase specific potentialities and cultural diversity.
WHO WILL ATTEND
- Ministers and Government officials;
- Policy Makers, Political Leaders, Ministers, senior government officials from Africa;
- Private sector / Project owners / SMEs with investment opportunities;
- Business Associations & Multinationals;
- Farmer organizations;
- Consultants/Analysts/ Economists/ Legal Experts/Academics/ Risk Professionals / Investments consultants and economic advisors/ Business Schools & Research Institutes;
- Microfinance Institutions, Commercial Banks, Private Equity &Venture Capital Orgs;
- NGOs & Foundations, donor and development Orgs;
- Leading international and local Media;
- Regional Economic Communities;
- Chambers of Commerce;
- Investment Promotion Agencies;
- Business councils.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- Get a better assessment on the investment opportunities and implications associated with doing business in the region involving all key stakeholders allowing them to make informed decisions about investment and reform;
- Identify the frameworks which are driving growth and contributing to a favorable business environment in both regions;
- Forge sustainable partnerships with a view to enhancing trade and investment;
- Create an opportunity for business leaders to explore the challenges and opportunities in areas such as energy, transport and communication infrastructure, manufacturing and agri-business and agro-industry;
- Create the opportunity for business actors to discuss ways of enhancing competitiveness by exchanging views on issues such as access to finance and external markets;
- Create opportunity to showcase product and service ideas within the framework of the trade fair;
- Meet those that are driving the agenda of economic growth at an event, which offers an unparalleled platform to get to know and do business with the emerging giants of the future.