ABOUT THE 7TH AFRICAN PRIVATE SECTOR FORUM
The 7th African Private Sector Forum is spearheaded by the African Union Commission is in line with the AU Executive Council Abuja Decision Number EX/CL/Dec.183 (VI), which institutionalized the African Union Private Sector Forum.
The strategic objective of this intervention is to promote a proactive and vibrant African private sector that can play the significant role in energizing the African economies to achieve poverty reduction through creative and productive processes that accelerate economic growth, sustainable development and deeper integration of the African economies into the global economy.
The Forum is the largest Continental Forum for Africa’s Private Sector to bring together an important number leading international companies and business representatives with policy makers to discuss new investment and business opportunities in the Africa.
It is the right platform to discuss and present successful projects and
business models. In line with the above the AUC is organizing the
7th AFRICAN PRIVATE SECTOR FORUM from 25th
to 27th November 2014 in Mauritius under the Theme “Promoting Africa’s Private Sector for inclusive growth: Exploring untapped mechanism of funding”
THE FORUM OBJECTIVES
- To showcase stories presented by the private sector, where successful private sector ventures and public-private partnerships have been created which have meaningfully contributed to achieving inclusive growth, poverty reduction and broad based development
- To explore ways of Accessing business finance, particularly credit, by micro- and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) which is critical if they are to grow and flourish
- Enhance the coordination of efforts in Africa for the achievement of food security and poverty eradication.
- To discuss how the private sector can become a real driver of catalytic partnerships and innovative solutions for inclusive, sustainable development in key sectors and help shape concrete interventions for women and youth economic empowerment.
- Identify and encourageinvestment and trade exchanges between African Countries.
- Promotedialogue on economic development issues, between policy makers, specialized development and financial institutions, civil societies, private sectors, researchers, and professional organizations.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on the economic development challenges in Africa for consideration by 23rd Ordinary session of the Africa Summit
EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND OUTCOMES
- Private sector ventures and public-private partnerships that can meaningfully contribute to achieving inclusive growth, Stability, poverty reduction and broad based development identified and recommended;
- Ways of accessing business finance, particularly credit, by micro- and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) explored.
- Opportunities that can help to expand business while more effectively enhancing efforts to include women and youth in development processes at country and International levels identified and Recommended.
- Ways and means of supporting the private sector to become a real driver of catalytic partnerships and innovative solutions for inclusive, sustainable development in key sectors and help shape visions both at country and global levels (i.e. get a stronger voice in the fora that are shaping the development agenda at global and country levels) recommended.
- Road map for private sector effective Collaboration and potential contributions to, the new development agenda by building on existing initiatives generated.
- Create the opportunity for business and other actors to discuss ways of enhancing competitiveness by exchanging views on issues such as access to finance and external markets
- Intra African trade discussed and recommendations for its enhancement generated.
THE FORUM FEATURES
Over 400 experts and decision makers including private entities, financiers, donors, multinationals, researchers, governments, int’l organisations, NGOs and consultants from around the world.
This forum/outreach will take the form of Four (04) days event to deepen general awareness and enable:
- Specific B2B pre-scheduled meetings in 48 hours organized through match- making software, according to participant’s wishes with the assistance of interpreters as needed;
- Matchmaking sessions: connecting Arab investors with potential African partners;
- A village of partners representing a first hand promotional showcase for all institutional partners and major sponsors;
- A village of “experts” for professionals in finance, consulting firms and business services providers, etc…;
- A village dedicated to national and international institutions to promote Public Projects;
- A village dedicated to National Investment Promotion Agencies to promote Doing Business in their respective countries and accompany their members;
- A side trade fair to showcase specific potentialities and cultural diversity.
WHO WILL ATTEND
- Ministers and Government officials;
- Policy Makers, Political Leaders, Ministers, senior government officials from Africa;
- Private sector / Project owners / SMEs with investment opportunities;
- Business Associations & Multinationals;
- Farmer organizations;
- Consultants/Analysts/ Economists/ Legal Experts/Academics/ Risk Professionals / Investments consultants and economic advisors/ Business Schools & Research Institutes;
- Microfinance Institutions, Commercial Banks, Private Equity &Venture Capital Orgs;
- NGOs & Foundations, donor and development Orgs;
- Leading international and local Media;
- Regional Economic Communities;
- Chambers of Commerce;
- Investment Promotion Agencies;
- Business councils.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
- Get a better assessment on the investment opportunities and implications associated with doing business in the region involving all key stakeholders allowing them to make informed decisions about investment and reform;
- Identify the frameworks which are driving growth and contributing to a favorable business environment in both regions;
- Forge sustainable partnerships with a view to enhancing trade and investment;
- Create an opportunity for business leaders to explore the challenges and opportunities in areas such as energy, transport and communication infrastructure, manufacturing and agri-business and agro-industry;
- Create the opportunity for business actors to discuss ways of enhancing competitiveness by exchanging views on issues such as access to finance and external markets;
- Create opportunity to showcase product and service ideas within the framework of the trade fair;
- Meet those that are driving the agenda of economic growth at an event, which offers an unparalleled platform to get to know and do business with the emerging giants of the future.